- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and petite-dice the potatoes.
Warm up the oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan on medium/medium-low heat. Add the potatoes and two good pinches of salt. Cook for about 25mn or until softened. Stir gently and often so they don’t stick.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and chives with a good pinch of salt and of black pepper. Stir in the gruyere and ricotta. And finally, when the potatoes are about to be cooked through, add the flour and baking powder to the eggy mix.
Butter a medium size muffin pan*.
- Once the potatoes are ready, scoop them out of the pan with a slotted spoon to drain the oil. And set them on a plate to cool down slightly.
Then add them to the eggs, mix and pour the mixture in the muffin pan, filling each cup to about 1/2 inch bellow the top of the tin.
- Place the pan on the rack just above the middle, and bake for about 18 minutes. You don’t want to overcook the bottom, so check for doneness: when the edge of the muffin starts browning, gently pat the top to see if it is firm. If so, take the pan out and let them cool down. You’re done!